More than 80 years of
José Ramón Franco Caaveiro, manager of the Intaf Group
The history of the Intaf Group is a reflection of the link and evolution of a family and a company with a territory, Narón. It all begins with the family moving from As Pontes to Xubia to found the company.
- Introduction in the field of specialised mechanical repair. Welding capabilities are integrated and the manufacture of new products and the provision of new services in the metal-mechanical field are approached.
Opening up to
Work is carried out for new sectors such as the energy, shipbuilding and iron and steel industries. A new line of business is opened, aimed at excavations, mining and earthmoving in general.
- The family segregates the two activities: José Manuel Franco focuses his efforts on the excavation and earthmoving business branch and José Ramón Franco on the initial line of what is today the Intaf Group, reinforcing the capacities in the machining and mechanical manufacturing area.
As a result of the marriage with José Ramón, Ana Fojo González joined the company. A technological leap was made in those years with the incorporation of the first numerical control machine in the complementary industry, increasing services and customer value.
BEGINNING OF THE 90'S
- The activity is moved to a 6,000 m² plot of land in the industrial area of As Lagoas, in the Carretera de Cedeira, in the same municipality, Narón. At this stage, the facilities are extended to 1,000 m² of industrial premises and 500 m² of offices and additional spaces. Subsequent extensions are carried out.
START OF 2000S
The expansion of the facilities continues due to the increase in demand. The business model is adapted to provide a comprehensive service through a multi-skilled, flexible and professional staff with the capacity to act in different fields.
Pioneers in quality
- The group’s focus on quality, occupational risk prevention and environmental protection is highlighted by achieving the first integrated management certification in Galicia in the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 standards.
The strategy focuses on maintaining diversification, specialisation and expansion of the value chain in the product and service provided with the aim of being a group with multidisciplinary and multisectorial capacity. An engineering company, Neodyn, is created and the company joins R&D&I consortiums.
- An investment plan is implemented to expand production and technological capacity. New industrial spaces are created and technologically advanced machinery is acquired, enabling another qualitative leap in machining, welding and surface treatment. The workforce exceeds 150 people.
To complement the value chain, Sincro Mecánica was created, specialising in the comprehensive multi-brand maintenance of the power train installed in the wind turbines, and Evolventia, also owned by the company Tumbadoiro, for the manufacture of gears.
- The Intaf Group is created, which manages the portfolio of companies centrally and segregates the industrial part of component manufacturing, machining, boilermaking and surface treatment in a new company, Intaf Promecan. A total of 180 jobs are created.
The Group employs 200 people, a portable milling machine designed and manufactured in-house is registered with the Patent Office. Sincro Mecanica and Evolventia begin an expansion plan to increase their industrial surface area, incorporate new machinery and increase their technological capacity.
- The Intaf Group and Tumbadoiro, with IGAPE funding and the cooperation of other partners, participate in the creation and start-up of a new company for the heat treatment of steels: COGALTRA. This is a reflection of a collaborative business strategy, a benchmark for industrial and business development on a shared basis.